Hotronix® Heat Press Power Platen™ Overview:
The power to eliminate scorching on heat-sensitive fabrics
Today’s garments are more complicated than ever before, with stretchable, synthetic and heat-sensitive fabrics becoming more commonly used. The Hotronix® Heat Press Power Platen™ is specifically designed to generate heat from the bottom heat press platen, allowing for a reduced temperature in the top platen which reduces the appearance of visible scorch marks on delicate and heat-sensitive polyester or synthetic fabrics, and reduce the risk of dye migration.
The Power Platens are interchangeable base platens that can be individually operated with a separate controller and can be heated up to a maximum of 160°C. Thanks to the built-in heat printing pillow under the heat-resistant protective cover, it conforms to any substrate which enables you to press across difficult areas, such as buttons and seams. They are available in 4 sizes, each controlled by one interchangeable Hotronix Heat Press Power Platen Controller (sold separately)
- 15cm x 15cm (6″ x 6″) Hotronix® Heat Press Power Platen™
- 15cm x 50cm (6″ x 20″) Hotronix® Heat Press Power Platen™
- 28cm x 38cm (11″ x 15″) Hotronix® Heat Press Power Platen™
- 40cm x 50cm (16″ x 20″) Hotronix® Heat Press Power Platen™
Alternatively, a family set of Hotronix® Power Platens™ includes all four sizes and one controller unit.
Finance Options Available
Finance leasing and hire purchase options are available for companies, sole traders and partnerships, subject to status. This allows you to purchase heat presses and other related accessories that you need, from £1,000 in total value upwards (excluding VAT), with a bespoke solution that suits your cash flow and budget. The timeframes range from two to five years, with fixed rates for the length of the agreement. Limited companies can also choose to defer the first payment for a period of six months if required.
Heat Press Compatibility:
The range of Hotronix® Heat Press Power Platens are compatible with the following presses with a born-on date of 2014 or later, although the 40cm x 50cm and 15cm x 50cm power platens are only designed for use with a Hotronix heat press with a 40cm x 50cm upper platen:
- Hotronix MAXX heat presses (28cm x 38cm, 38cm x 38cm and 40cm x 50cm)
- Hotronix Auto Open heat presses (28cm x 38cm, 40cm x 40cm and 40cm x 50cm)
- Hotronix Fusion IQ heat presses*
* NOTE: Only use the Fusion IQ™ manual heat press in combination with the “Swing” mode as the “draw” mode would affect the positioning of the digital controller unit.
When used with the Hotronix Heat Press Caddie Stand or Hotronix Heat Press CounterCaddie Stand, the Power Platen becomes fully threadable, allowing apparel to be “dressed” around the platen for easier application.
Power Platen™ Features:
The Hotronix Power Platens have the following features:
- Eliminate Scorch Marks: The heat from underneath allows for a lower application temperature on the top platen. Heat-sensitive or synthetic fabrics, such as polyester and spandex, are exposed to higher heat on the inside of the fabric which eliminates the scorch marks on the outside of the garment.
- Reduces Risk of Dye Migration: The lower application temperature reduces the risk of dye migration from heavily subli-dyed garments.
- Increased Productivity: The reduced application time, along with the built-in heat printing pillow under the heat-resistant protective cover which means no cover sheets or preheating are required, so you can dramatically decrease the production time.
- Accurate Application Temperature: The controller unit includes a digital temperature display for accurate application.
- Fully Threadable: The Hotronix® Power Platen also allows garments to be quickly “dressed” around the platen for speed and ease when used with a Hotronix Heat Press Caddie Stand or Hotronix Heat Press CounterCaddie Stand.
- Quick Change: The insulating properties keep the bottom of the power platen cool to the touch when changing. In addition, the quick-release mechanism makes them quick and easy to change once disconnected from the controller unit.
Hotronix® Power Platen™ Technical Specifications:
- Four different platen sizes available:
- Built-in pillow under the heat-resistant protective cover conforms to any substrate.
- Must be used with a Power Platen controller unit (available to purchase separately to platens, or as a full set).
- The digital controller unit displays the temperature for accurate application.
- The Power Platen controller unit features a quick disconnect to allow the platens to be changed quickly while using the same controller.
- A designated 20-amp circuit breaker for the controller unit is recommended.
- Maximum recommended pressure settings:
- 15cm x 15cm (6″ x 6″): 20 psi (#2 on Hotronix)
- 28cm x 38cm (11″ x 15″): 30psi (#3 on Hotronix)
- 15cm x 50cm (6″ x 20″): 30psi (#3 on Hotronix)
- 40cm x 50 cm (16″ x 20″): 40-50psi (#4 or 5 on Hotronix)
- Not designed for use with 100% cotton fabrics – For blends with high cotton content proceed with caution. Test fabric using upper heat only, and if it scorches test using lower heat.
- UL, ULc, CE approved.
- Two-year warranty.
Power Platen Application Instructions For Stahls Heat Transfer Vinyls:
The following application instructions are for polyester or synthetic fabrics only. Ensure to increase the application time if you are using a thicker garment. Do not pre-heat polyester or synthetic garments:
- Lower platen temperature: 150°C
- Upper platen temperature:120°C
- Application Time: 10 seconds
- Pressure: Medium (#5 on Hotronix Auto Open heat presses)
The above application instructions have been successfully tested on polyester with the following HTV products*:
- CAD-CUT® Premium Plus HTV.
- CAD-CUT® Glitter HTV.
- CAD-Colour SuperTEK Opaque Printable HTV.
- CAD-Colour SuperTEK Subli-Stop Printable HTV.
* Other brands of Heat Transfer Vinyl and custom heat transfers should be tested before starting production.
Hotronix Heat Press Power Platens – Set-up Guide
To help with setting up the Hotronix Press Power Platen, a quick-start guide can be viewed and downloaded via the following link: