Hotronix Auto Open Heat Press Overview:
Designed by Stahls’ and proudly built in the USA by Hotronix, the world’s leading manufacturer of heat presses, the Hotronix Auto Open heat press is not only a great value heat press, but offers all of the features you’d expect from a well-built press. It’s a high pressure clam heat press which makes it ideal for transfer pressing plastisol-based, digital and lithographic heat press transfers, Heat Transfer Vinyl, Printable Heat Transfer Vinyl, transfer papers and sublimation transfers.
The Hotronix Auto Open press has the same great features of the Hotronix MAXX clam heat press, but with with an automatic release of the upper platen without the need for an air compressor via a magnet-assisted lock down for maximum productivity with minimal investment. The press also features the same digital time and temperature controls as the MAXX, but with an additional Twin Timer which allows users to set two different time settings. The compact, clam-shell design also allows more space for multiple heat presses which creates optimised application environment.
The press is produced in several different sizes to ensure that there is a press to meet every business requirement:
- The 15cm x 15cm model is perfect for applying labels, breast pocket designs and shorts.
- The 28cm x 38cm, 40cm x 40cm and 40cm x 50cm models are perfect for printing larger items, but can also print smaller areas with the wide range of quick-release, interchangeable lower platens which greatly increases the productivity of the presses.
The advantages of the Auto Open press over other similar heat presses are as follows:
- The diamond standard for multi-taskers: With a globally-patented magnetic auto open feature, it allows the operator to turn away from the press to prepare the next garment or to answer the telephone without worrying about any more ruined garments!
- Twin Timer: The Hotronix Auto Open press also features the Twin Timer function which allows the user to set two independent time settings to count down any two-step process, or pre-pressing the garment, without resetting the timer.
- Over-the-Center Pressure Adjustment to Guarantee Even Heat Pressure: Hotronix heat presses are specifically manufactured with a STAHLS’ patented “Over-the-Center” Pressure Adjustment and a floating upper heat platen to ensure even application pressure and a “no-pinch” application regardless of the thickness of the garment.
- Solid State Temperature Controller for Accurate Heat Reading: In order to maintain an accurate heat, the Auto Open upper heat platens are cast in cal-rods which are evenly positioned in a zig-zag pattern throughout the upper platen. Before installation, the heating element is thoroughly x-rayed to ensure its build-quality and maintain the highest levels of accuracy. In addition, all Hotronix Auto-Open heat presses are controlled by a solid-state controller that gives the operator an accurate digital display of both the current temperature and time setting.
- Proudly Built in the USA: Don’t be fooled by heat presses that suggest that they are manufactured in the USA, UK or Europe – Most presses available on the UK market are built from component parts from China that are often unreliable and inferior in quality to the heat presses we supply. As one of the most valuable assets to your business, insist on the best and insist on US build quality.
- Wide Opening for Easy Garment Placement: The Hotronix Auto Open heat presses have a wide 65 degree opening, which is 10% wider than most other clam-style heat presses available in the UK market. This allows for much safer and easier positioning of garments and heat transfers on the lower heat platen prior to applying them.
- Time-Saving Optional Extras: Hotronix also produce several quick-release lower platens to make application easier to difficult-to-print garments, such as bags, sleeves and hoodies. There’s also a table-top Hotronix Heat Press CounterCaddie and a free-standing Hotronix Heat Press Caddie Stand which allow you to thread garments around the heat press much more easily, which significantly increases your productivity.
Finance Options Available
Finance leasing and hire purchase options are available for companies, sole traders and partnerships, subject to status. This allows you to purchase heat presses and other related accessories that you need, from £1,000 in total value upwards (excluding VAT), with a bespoke solution that suits your cash flow and budget. The timeframes range from two to five years, with fixed rates for the length of the agreement. Limited companies can also choose to defer the first payment for a period of six months if required.
Auto Open Heat Press Features:
The Hotronix Auto Open heat press has the following additional features:
- An ideal heat press for a start-up business, low-volume users or as a back-up press.
- Digital LED display to adjust time and temperature settings easily.
- Easy to operate, with minimal knowledge required.
- Temperature range from 96°C (205°F) to 220°C (430°F)
- Space-saving clam heat press design.
- Over-The-Centre pressure adjustment for even pressure.
- HRPO laser-cut steel framework.
- Powdered coating for scratch-resistant finish to framework.
- ¾” thick non-stick coated upper heat press plate.
- Dampers rather than springs for easier and smoother opening and closing.
- UL, ULC, CE and RoHS compliant.
- Competitively priced.
- 1-year RTB warranty.
- Lifetime warranty on heating element.
- Shipping Dimensions: 66cm (length) x 38cm (width) x 51cm (height) (26” x 15” x 20”)
- Gross Weight: 19kg (42 lbs)
- Power Consumption Specifications: 240V / 1000W
- Additional lower heat press platens available to purchase separately.
- Also available in the following sizes:
- We also supply the Hotronix Auto Open Cap Heat Press which can be used for caps and hats.
What’s Included In The Box?:
- Hotronix 15x15cm Auto Open heat press
- Hotronix 15x15cm lower platen
- Hotronix Auto Open user manual
- UK power cable
Auto Open Heat Press User Manual & Parts Guide
To help with troubleshooting, the user/operator manual and parts guide for the Hotronix Auto-Open heat press can be viewed and downloaded via the following link:
Why Are Hotronix Auto Open Heat Presses So Good?
Hotronix® MAXX, Auto Open and Fusion IQ Heat Presses are high-quality heat presses which are proudly made in the USA. The Hotronix® range of heat presses are widely regarded as the industry’s most accurate, innovative and technologically advanced heat presses available anywhere in the world. Hotronix heat presses continuously outperform rivals in comparison tests and outlast the competition in all aspects.
Their wide range of heat press machines are available as manual, semi-automatic and pneumatic models, which makes them ideal for all business sizes from start-ups to high-volume garment decorators, and offer many features including:
- All Hotronix® presses proudly made in the USA.
- Comprehensive UK warranty included.
- Variety of press sizes available.
- Wide opening on clam presses for easy layout.
- Over-the-centre pressure adjustment for even pressure.
- Different shaped Hotronix quick-release platens available to purchase.
Not Sure Which Is The Right Heat Press For You?
Due to the high number of enquiries we get from individuals trying to find the most suitable heat press to meet their needs, we’ve created a comprehensive, UK Heat Press Machine Guide on how to choose the right heat press which will hopefully help you to determine the best heat press to fit your requirements. Alternatively, feel free to contact us by telephone any time between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday on 01253 349917 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to discuss your specific needs and give you our advice.
Why Use A Heat Press Instead Of An Iron?
The three main requirements to successfully apply a transfer are an accurate temperature, time and pressure. A heat press can be calibrated to these requirements and maximise your efficiency, whereas you will not be able to perform anything accurately with a domestic iron.
Therefore, although an iron could technically be used, we would strongly recommend using a heat press to ensure that the heat transfer is properly bonded to the intended fabric.
For more advice on how to correctly apply heat transfers, view our heat transfer press application tips.
Why Buy A Heat Press From Badgers?
Regardless of the heat press you choose, you should always ensure that the company that supplies it offers a suitable warranty and can supply any parts and advice that you may require in the future. We’re happy to confirm that we’ve always repaired and maintained all of the heat presses we supply to give our customers the technical support and advice that they need, based on our comprehensive experience in the heat press industry. To clarify, all necessary heat press repairs are undertaken in the UK, unlike many other Stahls UK heat press resellers.
We’ve been supplying custom heat transfers, heat presses and accessories for over 30 years, and we always aim to provide the best products and service that we possibly can. We have an experienced sales team on hand to offer advice on the right solution to meet your requirements, and we’re sure that you’re in safe hands based on our knowledge and range of options.