Heat Press Machine Overview:
What Is A Heat Press Machine?
A heat press, often referred to as a "t-shirt heat press" or "hot press machine", is a machine which is used to heat apply designs onto items using a heated upper platen and consistent pressure of the downward force onto the lower platen for a specific amount of time which depends on the heat transfer and the material being applied onto. Heat presses are most often used to apply designs onto garment fabrics, such as t-shirts, hoodies and polo shirts, but there are also specialist presses which can be used to heat press onto other products such as caps, sports balls and mugs.
Stahls and Stahls' Hotronix heat presses include beginner, commercial and industrial heat press machines which are suitable for new start-ups, small businesses and large scale operations. The uncompromising quality and features allow for every budget and business requirement whilst offering reliability and longevity. Based on this, we offer a comprehensive range of heat presses that cater for all types of businesses and budget:
- STAHLS’ Clam Basic Heat Presses: These are entry-level clam heat presses which are competitively priced and built in China but to the high standard that customers demand from Stahls’ products.
- Hotronix MAXX Clam Heat Presses: These are mid-level clam heat presses which are proudly built in the USA by Hotronix and are of exceptional quality.
- Hotronix Auto Open Heat Presses: These clam presses are also built in the USA, but all have a pressure indicator and an auto-release upper platen.
- Hotronix Fusion Heat Presses: These are US-built, industrial heat presses of the highest quality with several features to make high-demand printing quicker and easier.
Hotronix heat presses also have quick-release interchangeable lower platens available to purchase separately to aide companies in heat-applying onto more difficult items or garment areas – For more details, visit the Hotronix Lower Platens section of our site.
Why Use A Heat Press Instead Of An Iron?
The three main requirements to successfully apply a transfer are an accurate temperature, time and pressure. A heat press can be calibrated to these requirements and maximise your efficiency, whereas you will not be able to perform anything accurately with a domestic iron.
Therefore, although an iron could technically be used, we would strongly recommend using a heat press to ensure that the heat transfer is properly bonded to the intended fabric.
For more advice on how to correctly apply heat transfers, view our heat transfer press application tips.
What Accessories Would I Usually Need For My Heat Press?
This depends entirely on the types of garments, print types and heat press you have – We usually recommend the following accessories for different uses:
- Non-stick cover sheet or Release paper: These greatly aide heat pressing by preventing any static from raising the heat transfer when lifting the upper platen and to prevent dyes and inks from contacting the upper platen
- Non-stick pillows: When printing awkward areas, such as near zips, seams and the rears of shirts, non-stick pillows absorb these to produce an even printing area to apply onto.
- Additional lower heat press platens: All of our Hotronix heat presses have a variety of different shapes and sizes of lower platens which make the placing and applying onto garments much easier. For example, printing a child’s garment on a 40x50cm heat press is much easier with a 15x25cm lower platen.
There are lots of other accessories available, all of which can be seen in the Accessories section of our site.
Not Sure Which Is The Right Heat Press For You?
Due to the high number of enquiries we get from individuals trying to find the most suitable heat press to meet their needs, we've created a comprehensive, UK Heat Press Machine Guide on how to choose the right heat press which will hopefully help you to determine the best heat press to fit your requirements.
Why Are Stahls and Stahls' Hotronix Heat Presses So Good?
Hotronix® MAXX, Auto-Open and Fusion IQ Heat Presses are high-quality heat presses which are proudly made in the USA, and are widely regarded as the industry’s most accurate, innovative and technologically advanced heat presses available anywhere in the world. Hotronix heat presses continuously outperform rivals in comparison tests and outlast the competition in all aspects.
Their wide range of heat press machines are available as manual, semi-automatic and pneumatic models, which makes them ideal for all business sizes from start-ups to high-volume garment decorators, and offer many features including:
- All Hotronix® presses proudly made in the USA.
- Comprehensive UK warranty included.
- Variety of press sizes available.
- Wide opening on clam presses for easy layout.
- Over-the-centre pressure adjustment for even pressure.
- Different shaped Hotronix quick-release platens available to purchase.
We've been supplying custom heat transfers, heat presses and accessories for over 30 years, and we always aim to provide the best products and service that we possibly can.