Plastisol Transfers Overview
Plastisol custom heat transfers can be applied to range of advanced fabrics, including neoprene and some nylons, to allow you to apply onto items such as drawstring bags, tents and CD holders.
We supply different variants of plastisol ink-based transfers which are as follows:
- Polytran: A powdered Plastisol transfers which enhances the opacity of designs and makes them suitable for darker garments and fabrics.
- Nylotrans: Plastisol transfers which are specifically developed to apply onto PU-coated substrates, such as waterproof nylon, and produces a crisp, block-colour finish.
- Elastika: A robust plastisol transfer process that has stretch built into the inks used to create it, so it doesn’t crack when stretched.
- HOTS: A hot-split plastisol custom transfer which offers a soft-hand finish and is extremely close to the finish of a traditional silk screen printed design.
- Glow In The Dark: Plastisol transfers which appear as fluorescent colours in normal light and transform into life with a stunning bright glow once in darkness.
Due to the combination of fabrics, weaves, and dyes used in the textile industry, testing is highly recommended. We offer free generic stock samples of all of our custom heat transfers for testing and would be happy to send them out for you to test.
Minimum order quantity: 25 transfers.
Production Leadtimes: Plastisol Transfers
Our Plastisol custom heat transfers are manufactured in the UK and are usually despatched within TWO working days of confirmation of the artwork and colour references.
For block colour, screen based heat transfer processes, such as Plastisol transfers, we need a vector file (with any text saved as outlines), along with Pantone colour references for specific spot colours.
If you don’t have access to Pantone colour charts, we can also help you to choose the correct colours for your design by providing free colour samples to ensure an accurate match. If you aren’t able to provide the artwork in the correct format, we can arrange for artwork to be redrawn, although charges for complex designs may be applicable.
- 100% Cotton
- Poly/Cotton blends
- 100% Polyester*
* Testing recommended on coated or heavily dyed polyester
- Nylon blends
- For best results, wash garment inside out.
- Machine wash warm up to 40°C.
- Wash using mild detergent.
- Tumble dry on a low setting on household machines.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not use bleach.
- Can be ironed onto reverse (without steam).
What Are Custom Transfers?
Custom transfers are printed designs which are ready to apply onto fabrics, primarily garments such as t-shirts, hoodies and polo shirts, using a heat press machine to bond the custom heat transfer to the fabric.
Our custom-made, heat fusion transfers can be applied to almost any type of fabric and we offer a wide variety of finishes, including digital, ink based and photo quality heat seal transfers.
Why Use Custom Transfers?
Custom transfers are a popular alternative to silk-screen printing and other fabric printing methods, as it’s a much more cost effective method of printing in low quantities. This also provide the option to print on demand as they are manufactured to be ready to be heat applied directly onto the garment fabric.
You can also achieve special effects on custom transfers, such as a gloss or textured finish by the parchment paper used in its production or using special cover sheets, such as a non-stick cover sheet and gloss sheets, which are available for certain processes.
How Do You Order Heat Transfers?
The process for ordering heat transfers is usually as follows:
- Quote: We provide a precise quote based on the details provided.
- Artwork: We check that the artwork is suitable to create a high quality heat transfer.
- Proforma: We provide a proforma invoice for payment via BACS, credit/debit card or PayPal.
- Production: Upon payment, the transfers are manufactured and shipped to you.
We pride ourselves on offering the best customer service and after-sales support in the industry. Our experienced team is always on hand to offer advice on the best process and most cost effective solution for you and your needs.
The best way to start is to contact us either by telephone, email or by clicking on the “Get A Quote” button and completing the simple enquiry form. Once we have the details of what you require, we can advise you of the best process and the costs involved
Not Sure Which Is The Right Custom Heat Transfer For You?
Due to the high number of enquiries we get from individuals trying to find the most heat transfer process to meet their needs, we’ve created a comprehensive, UK-specific custom transfers guide on how to choose the right heat transfer which will hopefully help you to determine the best process to fit your requirements. Alternatively, feel free to contact us by telephone any time between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday on 01253 349917 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to discuss your specific needs and give you our advice.
Why Buy Custom Transfers From Badgers?
We’ve been supplying custom heat transfers, heat presses and accessories for over 30 years, and we still always aim to provide the best products and service that we can. We have an experienced sales team on hand to offer advice on the best solution to meet your requirements, and how to make them as professional and cost effective as possible. We’re sure that you’re in safe hands based on our experience and range of solutions.
To find out for yourself, contact us either by telephone, email or by completing the enquiry form and we’ll do everything we can to provide you with the very best heat transfers and after-sales support possible.
Get A Free Quote!