Stahls Clam Basic Cap Press Overview:
It’s a high pressure clam-style cap heat press which makes it ideal for transfer pressing plastisol-based, digital and lithographic heat press transfers, Heat Transfer Vinyl, Printable Heat Transfer Vinyl, transfer papers and sublimation transfers.
Designed by STAHLS and built in China to the highest Stahls’ heat press standards, the Clam Basic is not only a great value heat press, but offers all of the features you’d expect from a much more expensive press, such as digital time and temperature readout and over-the-centre pressure adjustment for even pressure.
The Stahls Clam Basic heat press is also available in the following flat-bed sizes:
- 28cm x 38cm (11″ x 15″) Stahls Clam Basic Heat Press
- 38cm x 38cm (15″ x 15″) Stahls Clam Basic Heat Press
- 40cm x 50cm (16″ x 20″) Stahls Clam Basic Heat Press
Clam Basic Cap Press Features:
The Stahls Clam Basic cap press has the following features:
- An ideal heat press for a start-up business, low-volume users or as a back-up press.
- Digital LED display to adjust time and temperature settings easily.
- Easy to operate, with minimal knowledge required.
- Space-saving clam heat press design.
- Over-The-Centre pressure adjustment for even pressure.
- ¾” thick non-stick coated upper heat press plate.
- UL, ULC, CE and RoHS compliant.
- Competitively priced.
- Made in China to the high STAHLS’ heat press standards.
- 1-year RTB warranty.
- Shipping Dimensions and gross weight: 66cm (length) x 38cm (width) x 53cm (height) (26″ x 15″ x 21″) – 23kg (50 lbs)
- Power Consumption Specifications: 240V / 1000W
What’s Included In The Box?:
- Stahls Clam Basic cap press
- Stahls 9cm x 15.5cm (3.5″ x 6″) lower cap platen
- Stahls Clam Basic cap press user manual
- UK power cable
Compatible Lower Cap Platens:
The Stahls Clam Basic cap heat press comes with a 9cm deep by 15.5cm wide (3.5″ x 6″) lower cap press platen as standard, but as the heated upper heat platen is 10cm deep by 20cm wide (4″ x 8″) it’s also compatible with the following Hotronix lower cap platens which are available to purchase separately:
- 6cm x 7.5cm (2.25″ x 3″) Cap Platen (Small): Designed for applying onto childrens caps and hats, along with caps that are traditionally difficult to fit on even the Low Profile cap platen.
- 7cm x 16.5cm (2.75″ x 6.5″) Cap Platen (Low Profile): Perfect for caps and hats that have small printable area on the front – Ideal for visors.
- 7.5cm x 14.5cm (3″ x 5.75″) Cap Platen (Low Crown): For use with caps and hats that have a low crown or medium-sized printable surface.
- 9cm x 15.5cm (3.5″ x 6″) Cap Platen (Standard): The default cap platen that is shipped with all of our cap heat presses.
- 10cm x 16.5cm (4″ x 6.5″) Cap Platen (Full Profile): Designed for caps and hats that have full-front crowns, and is ideal for modern, snap-back caps.
- 10cm x 20cm (4″ x 8″) Cap Platen (Over-Sized): Designed for oversized caps and other headwear with large printing surfaces.
Clam Basic Cap Press User Manual:
To help with troubleshooting, the Stahls Clam Basic cap heat press user/operator manual can be downloaded via the following link:
Why Are Stahls’ Heat Presses So Good?
Stahls’ Hotronix® MAXX, Auto-Open and Fusion IQ Heat Presses are high-quality heat presses which are proudly made in the USA. In addition, the Stahls Clam Basic heat presses are made under strict quality controls within China to make them affordable yet reliable to companies on a smaller budget.
The Stahls Hotronix® range of heat presses are widely regarded as the industry’s most accurate, innovative and technologically advanced heat presses available anywhere in the world. Hotronix heat presses continuously outperform rivals in comparison tests and outlast the competition in all aspects.
Their wide range of heat press machines are available as manual, semi-automatic and pneumatic models, which makes them ideal for all business sizes from start-ups to high-volume garment decorators, and offer many features including:
- All Hotronix® presses made in the USA.
- Comprehensive UK warranty included.
- Variety of press sizes available.
- Wide opening on clam presses for easy layout.
- Over-the-centre pressure adjustment for even pressure.
- Different shaped Hotronix quick-release platens available to purchase.
Why Use A Heat Press Instead Of An Iron?
The three main requirements to successfully apply a transfer are an accurate temperature, time and pressure. A heat press can be calibrated to these requirements and maximise your efficiency, whereas you will not be able to perform anything accurately with a domestic iron.
Therefore, although an iron could technically be used, we would strongly recommend using a heat press to ensure that the heat transfer is properly bonded to the intended fabric.
For more advice on how to correctly apply heat transfers, view our heat transfer press application tips.
Not Sure Which Is The Right Heat Press For You?
Due to the high number of enquiries we get from individuals trying to find the most suitable heat press to meet their needs, we’ve created a comprehensive, UK Heat Press Machine Guide on how to choose the right heat press which will hopefully help you to determine the best heat press to fit your requirements. Alternatively, feel free to contact us by telephone any time between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday on 01253 349917 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to discuss your specific needs and give you our advice.
Why Buy A Heat Press From Badgers?
Regardless of the heat press you choose, you should always ensure that the company that supplies it offers a suitable warranty and can supply any parts and advice that you may require in the future. We’re happy to confirm that we’ve always repaired and maintained all of the heat presses we supply to give our customers the technical support and advice that they need, based on our comprehensive experience in the heat press industry. To clarify, all necessary heat press repairs are undertaken in the UK, unlike many other Stahls UK heat press resellers.
We’ve been supplying custom heat transfers, heat presses and accessories for over 30 years, and we always aim to provide the best products and service that we possibly can. We have an experienced sales team on hand to offer advice on the right solution to meet your requirements, and we’re sure that you’re in safe hands based on our knowledge and range of options.