Hotronix Auto Open Heat Press Overview:
The Auto Open heat presses from Hotronix® offer the same functions as the Hotronix MAXX clam heat presses but with a magnetic-release function and pressure sensor display to make heat applying onto garments easier and more consistent.
Hotronix Auto Open Heat Press Features:
Designed and proudly built in the USA by Hotronix®, the world’s leading manufacturer of heat presses, the Hotronix Auto Open heat press is not only a great value heat press, but offers all of the features you’d expect from a well-built press. They are high pressure clam heat presses which makes them ideal for transfer pressing plastisol-based, digital and lithographic heat press transfers, Heat Transfer Vinyl, Printable Heat Transfer Vinyl, transfer papers and sublimation transfers.
The Auto Open heat press also has the following features:
- An ideal heat press for a start-up business, low-volume users or as a back-up press.
- Digital LED display to adjust time and temperature settings easily.
- Easy to operate, with minimal knowledge required.
- Space-saving clam heat press design.
- Over-The-Centre pressure adjustment for even pressure.
- HRPO laser-cut steel framework.
- Powdered coating for scratch-resistant finish to framework.
- ¾" thick non-stick coated upper heat press plate.
- Dampers rather than springs for easier and smoother opening and closing.
- UL, ULC, CE and RoHS compliant.
- Competitively priced.
- 1-year RTB warranty.
- Lifetime warranty on heating element.
- Additional lower heat press platens available to purchase separately (except the Sports Ball heat press).
- Available in the following sizes and styles:
Full Benefits of the Hotronix Auto Open Heat Press:
The Hotronix Auto Open press has the same great features of the Hotronix MAXX clam heat press and offers all of the features you’d expect from a well-built heat press, including:
- Being proudly built in the USA, rather than from component parts from China like most presses available on the UK market.
- Wide opening for easy garment placement: 65 degree opening (10% wider than most available in the UK)
- Automatic release of the upper platen without the need for an air compressor via a magnet-assisted lock down for maximum productivity with minimal investment.
- The same digital time and temperature controls as MAXX, but with an additional Twin Timer which allows users to set two different time settings
- Solid state temperature controller for accurate heat reading.
- Over-the-centre pressure adjustment for even pressure and heating.
- Compatible with several, quick-release Hotronix lower platens to make application easier onto difficult-to-print garments.
- Compatible with the Hotronix Heat Press CounterCaddie and Hotronix Heat Press Caddie Stand which allow you to thread garments around the heat press much more easily.
The press is produced in several different sizes to ensure that there is a press to meet every business requirement:
- The 15cm x 15cm model is specifically designed for applying labels, breast pocket designs and shorts.
- The 28cm x 38cm, 40cm x 40cm and 40cm x 50cm models are perfect for printing larger items, but can also print smaller areas with the wide range of quick-release, interchangeable lower platens which great increase the productivity of the presses.
- The Cap Heat Press is great for applying onto curved surfaces, such as caps and hats.
- The Sports Ball press is ideal for applying onto a wide variety of balls.
These sleek, stylish and ultra-reliable, clam-style heat presses are the recommended option for sole traders and smaller businesses, anyone who needs a workhorse of a heat seal press for medium-volume usage or those looking for a longer-term investment in a heat seal press.
What Is A Heat Press Machine?
A heat press is an electrical machine which is used to heat apply designs onto substrates, using a combination of the heated upper platen and consistent pressure of the downward force onto the lower platen for a specific amount of time which is variable upon the particular process and also the material being applied onto. Heat presses are most often used to apply designs onto garment fabrics, such as t-shirts, hoodies and polo shirts, but there are also specialist presses which can be used to heat press onto other products such as caps, sports balls and mugs.
There's an excellent range of heat presses that cater for all types of businesses and budget:
- STAHLS' Clam Basic Heat Presses: These are entry-level clam heat presses which are competitively priced and built in China but to the high standard that customers demand from Stahls’ products.
- Hotronix MAXX Clam Heat Presses: These are mid-level clam heat presses which are proudly built in the USA by Hotronix and are of exceptional quality.
- Hotronix Auto Open Heat Presses: These clam presses are also built in the USA, but all have a pressure indicator and an auto-release upper platen.
- Hotronix Fusion Heat Presses: These are US-built, industrial heat presses of the highest quality with several features to make high-demand printing quicker and easier.
All of the Hotronix ® heat presses that we supply also have quick-release interchangeable lower platens available to purchase separately to aide companies in heat-applying onto more difficult items or garment areas – For more details, visit the Hotronix Lower Platens section of our site.
Why Use A Heat Press Instead Of An Iron?
The three main requirements to successfully apply a transfer are an accurate temperature, time and pressure. A heat press can be calibrated to these requirements and maximise your efficiency, whereas you will not be able to perform anything accurately with a domestic iron.
Therefore, although an iron could technically be used, we would strongly recommend using a heat press to ensure that the heat transfer is properly bonded to the intended fabric.
For more advice on how to correctly apply heat transfers, view our heat transfer press application tips.
What Accessories Would I Usually Need For My Heat Press?
This depends entirely on the types of garments, print types and heat press you have – We usually recommend the following accessories for different uses:
- Non-stick cover sheet or Release paper: These greatly aide heat pressing by preventing any static from raising the heat transfer when lifting the upper platen and to prevent dyes and inks from contacting the upper platen
- Non-stick pillows: When printing awkward areas, such as near zips, seams and the rears of shirts, non-stick pillows absorb these to produce an even printing area to apply onto.
- Additional lower heat press platens: All of our Hotronix heat presses have a variety of different shapes and sizes of lower platens which make the placing and applying onto garments much easier. For example, printing a child’s garment on a 40x50cm heat press is much easier with a 15x25cm lower platen.
There are lots of other accessories available, all of which can be seen in the Accessories section of our site.
Not Sure Which Is The Right Heat Press For You?
Due to the high number of enquiries we get from individuals trying to find the most suitable heat press to meet their needs, we've created a comprehensive, UK Heat Press Machine Guide on how to choose the right heat press which will hopefully help you to determine the best heat press to fit your requirements.
Why Are Hotronix Auto Open Heat Presses So Good?
Hotronix® MAXX, Auto Open and Fusion IQ Heat Presses are high-quality heat presses which are proudly made in the USA. The Hotronix® range of heat presses are widely regarded as the industry’s most accurate, innovative and technologically advanced heat presses available anywhere in the world. Hotronix heat presses continuously outperform rivals in comparison tests and outlast the competition in all aspects.
Their wide range of heat press machines are available as manual, semi-automatic and pneumatic models, which makes them ideal for all business sizes from start-ups to high-volume garment decorators, and offer many features including:
- All Hotronix® presses proudly made in the USA.
- Comprehensive UK warranty included.
- Variety of press sizes available.
- Wide opening on clam presses for easy layout.
- Over-the-centre pressure adjustment for even pressure.
- Different shaped Hotronix quick-release platens available to purchase.
Regardless of the heat press you choose, you should always ensure that the company that supplies it offers a suitable warranty and can supply any parts and advice that you may require in the future.
We've been supplying custom heat transfers, heat presses and accessories for over 30 years, and we always aim to provide the best products and service that we possibly can.