A3 Evolution 2 Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper

Frequently Asked Questions - Printable Garment Media

What type of media paper is right for my printer?

The key thing to stick to is the obvious, Inkjet papers for Inkjet Printers and Laserjet Paper for Laserjet and CLC Printers. There is more information on which printers it suits best on the website under the individual paper types.

If you wanted to know which paper is best for a specific make and model, then please contact our experienced Sales team and they will be more than happy to help.


How durable are the transfers?

Due to the fact that these are printed on a standard inkjet or laserjet printer, the durability is less than the CAD-Cut materials, print & cut (solvent printer) materials and custom transfers. We would not recommend using the Media Paper if they are to be worn/used on an everyday basis (e.g. for workwear).


What are the media papers best used for?

These transfers are best suited to promotional or short-term events, such as Stag/Hen Parties, etc, where longevity is not important.  For a longer-lasting full-colour design, custom heat transfers produced via a solvent printer are much more robust.


With inkjet printers, should I use the “Best Photo Quality” setting when printing?

As a guide, it’s often better to use a “Standard” print setting to ensure that too much ink isn’t printed onto the paper prior to application, as this can lead to ink saturation and “pooling” of the ink – Please refer to the individual instructions for each paper to ensure the correct setting.


What is the difference between “solvent” and “eco-solvent” ink on print and cut printers?

Basically, it can be said that eco-solvent inks are virtually odour free, and do not require any special ventilation or environmental equipment. They are generally considered less aggressive than full-solvent ink.


Can I cut a contour/profile around the design once it has been printed?

Yes, you can, providing you have a cutter with an optical eye installed on your plotter, or if you’re using a print and cut printer (e.g. Roland VersaCAMM, Mimaki CJV, etc).  For a standard plotter, as long as you print registration marks, you can pass it through your cutter and use the optical eye to profile-cut around the printed design.