Frequently Asked Questions
To help you to find out more about the common questions regarding heat applying onto garments, we’ve organised our Frequently Asked Questions into the following categories – However, if you still aren’t able to find an answer to your question, please feel free to contact us and we’d be happy to advise you in any way we can.
FAQs - Heat Application Tips
Useful tips on heat press application, including:
- How to improve the quality of the bond.
- How to get garments to lay flat.
- How to ensure that the heat transfer is straight.
- How to prevent paper separation when lifting the upper platen.
- How to tell if you’re using enough pressure.
FAQs - Heat Seal Presses
Useful tips on heat seal presses, including:
- The difference between a domestic iron and a commercial heat press.
- How to choose the right heat press.
- How much power a heat press uses.
- What accessories you may need for your heat press.
- How to clean your heat press.
FAQs - Custom Heat Transfers
Useful tips on custom heat seal transfers, including:
- The best way to order.
- The correct transfer process for you.
- How durable the heat transfers are.
- The types of fabrics you can apply heat transfers to.
- Reproducing licensed products and copyrighted designs.
- Timescales for custom transfers.
- Artwork requirements.
FAQs - Garment Vinyls
Useful tips on heat transfer vinyls (HTV), including:
- How to choose the correct vinyl.
- The advantages of different types of vinyls.
- The correct pressure and cutting speed.
- How durable transfers made from CAD-Cut Vinyls are.
- Matching CAD-Cut vinyls to other brands.
- The differences in different brands of CAD-Cut materials.
- Achieve a two-colour design using Cad-Cut materials.
FAQs - Printable Garment Media
Useful tips on printable garment media, including:
- How to choose the right type of media paper.
- How durable inkjet and laserjet A4 & A3 media papers are.
- How to choose the correct printer settings.
- The difference between “solvent” and “eco-solvent” inks.