Frequently Asked Questions
To help you to find out more about the common questions regarding heat applying onto garments, we've organised our Frequently Asked Questions into the following categories - However, if you still aren't able to find an answer to your question, please feel free to contact us and we'd be happy to advise you in any way we can.
Useful tips on heat press application, including:
- How to improve the quality of the bond.
- How to get garments to lay flat.
- How to ensure that the heat transfer is straight.
- How to prevent paper separation when lifting the upper platen.
- How to tell if you're using enough pressure.
Useful tips on heat seal presses, including:
- The difference between a domestic iron and a commercial heat press.
- How to choose the right heat press.
- How much power a heat press uses.
- What accessories you may need for your heat press.
- How to clean your heat press.
Useful tips on custom heat seals transfers, including:
- The best way to order.
- The correct transfer process for you.
- How durable the heat transfers are.
- The types of fabrics you can apply heat transfers to.
- Reproducing licensed products and copyrighted designs.
- Timescales for custom transfers.
- Artwork requirements.
Useful tips on heat transfer vinyls (HTV), including:
- How to choose the correct vinyl.
- The advantages of different types of vinyls.
- The correct pressure and cutting speed.
- How durable transfers made from CAD-Cut Vinyls are.
- Matching CAD-Cut vinyls to other brands.
- The differences in different brands of CAD-Cut materials.
- Achieve a two-colour design using Cad-Cut materials.
Useful tips on printable garment media, including:
- How to choose the right type of media paper.
- How durable inkjet and laserjet A4 & A3 media papers are.
- How to choose the correct printer settings.
- The difference between “solvent” and “eco-solvent” inks.