Plastisol Transfers Overview
Plastisol custom heat transfers can be applied to range of advanced fabrics, including neoprene and some nylons, to allow you to apply onto items such as drawstring bags, tents and CD holders.
We supply different variants of plastisol ink-based transfers which are as follows:
- Polytran: A powdered Plastisol heat transfer which enhances the opacity of designs and makes them suitable for darker garments and fabrics.
- Nylotrans: Plastisol which is specifically developed to apply onto PU-coated substrates, such as waterproof nylon, and produces a crisp, block-colour finish.
- Elastika: A robust Plastisol heat transfer process that has stretch built into the inks used to create it, so it doesn’t crack when stretched.
- HOTS: A hot-split plastisol custom heat transfer which offers a soft-hand finish and is extremely close to the finish of a traditional silk screen printed design.
- Hot-Split Puff: A unique, 3D raised-effect plastisol heat transfer which makes it ideal for childrenswear and retail fashion on cotton, polyester and poly-cotton garments.
- Glow In The Dark: Plastisol-based custom heat transfers which appear as fluorescent colours in normal light and transform into life with a stunning bright glow once in darkness.
Due to the combination of fabrics, weaves, and dyes used in the textile industry, testing is pertinent – We offer free generic stock samples of all of our custom heat transfers for testing purposes and would be happy to send them out for you to test.
Minimum order quantity: 25 transfers.
Production Leadtimes: Plastisol Heat Transfers
Our Plastisol custom heat transfers are manufactured in the UK and are usually despatched within TWO working days of confirmation of the artwork and colour references.
For block-colour, screen-based heat transfer processes, such as Plastisol, we would require a vector file (with any text saved as outlines), along with Pantone colour references for specific spot colours. If you don’t have access to Pantone colour charts or aren’t able to provide the artwork in the correct format, we can also help you to choose the correct colours for your design and arrange for artwork to be redrawn, although charges for redrawing may be applicable.
- 100% Cotton
- Poly/Cotton Blends
- 100% Polyester*
* Testing recommended on coated or heavily dyed polyester
- Nylon acetate blend
- For best results, wash garment inside out.
- Machine wash warm up to 40°C.
- Wash using mild detergent.
- Tumble dry on a low setting on household machines.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not use bleach.
- Can be ironed onto reverse (without steam).
What Are Custom Transfers?
Custom transfers are printed designs for applying to substrates, primarily garments such as t-shirts, hoodies and polo shirts using a heat press machine to bond the custom heat transfer to the fabric.
Our custom-made, heat fusion transfers can be applied to almost any type of fabric and we offer a wide variety of finishes, including digital, ink-based, glitter and photo-quality, lithographic heat seal transfers.
Why Use Custom Transfers?
Custom transfers are a popular alternative to silk-screen printing as it’s a much more cost-effective method of printing in low quantities and also gives the ability to print on demand as our custom transfers are manufactured so they are ready to be heat pressed straight onto the garment fabric.
You can also achieve special effects on custom transfers, such as a gloss or textured finish by the parchment paper used in its production or using special cover sheets, such as a non-stick cover sheet and gloss sheets, which are available for certain processes.
Why Buy Custom Transfers From Badgers?
At Badgers, based on over 30 years of trading in the heat transfer industry, we pride ourselves on offering the best customer service in the industry and we have an experienced team on hand to offer advice on the best processes for you, and the most cost effective. We will always provide you with what is right for you and your business – The best way to order is to contact us either by telephone, email or by clicking on the “Get A Quote” button on our custom transfer pages and completing the simple form, and we can advise you of the correct process, costs and artwork requirements.
Get A Free Quote!